Thursday, March 1, 2012

Last Tango With Ginger Lee

Today i let go of my gal, Ginger Lee. Well, she was never really mine, anyway. Just someone i carried along with me for about two years. maybe even longer. For i have known that fighting spirit in the eyes of my beloved nieces, two of whom are no longer here, but who hold the dedication to The White Bridge for their spirit that burst the confines of my heart, and could not sustain itself on solid earth. As they cried out for justice denied, so has my Ginger. And so i thank the memory of the young women who stay unblemished by time: Pamela and Debra. I miss you.
Next week, The White Bridge is a reality. i will recede and hope i aimed it properly ... to have told the tale ... that engulfed my heart. And so i let go to all but the memories of their laughter, and their heart that was long ago, but ever-present and unblemished in my soul. You see, D.B., i never did forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment