Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Power to Be a Professor

Last night, during my third class in advanced psychological concepts:racism, I had the pleasure to read and hear Ghost Runners. A fantasy come through. Eleven of fourteen had their own copy on the desk, and I am reading passages. Trust me, it is a very cool feeling to teach your book. My novel is done, or up to 80,000 on Amazon. That is in the top 1 % of sales. I want a raise! I would love to teach my book to the whole school. The world. That being said; One boy named A---- did not have his book.
"Where's my book"?
"In the bookstore," he answered.
It was a cruel, disrespectful answer to the wordmeister, the scribbler of these notes.
"O.K., A., that's five points off."
Two more times and caput.
In class, we saw a classic b movie that is brilliant, if offensive. "Intruder in the Dust."
BTW did I ever say, "I love Jesse Owens."

No comments:

Post a Comment