Friday, November 5, 2010

Rubenstein__the other one

Dallas and the Jack Ruby Trial: Memoir of Judge Joe B. Brown, SrDallas and the Jack Ruby Trial: Memoir of Judge Joe B. Brown, Sr by Diane Holloway

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This pathetic, chilling powderkeg nicknamed 'sparky' comes alive with his delusions of self-importance and obvious sense of menace. The verbatim polygraph seems to me to put to rest the more avante garde theories about conspiracy. That said, Ruby was always where the action was and stayed in the underclass where crime occurred. For me, Ruby is a personal story. In November, 1963, I saw Oswald ohh and uhh and said, 'good.' when he was shot and 'good' when he was dead. It was as if my teenage self had pulled the trigger because I loved JFK and still cry whenever I say his name. When I discovered that Jack Rubenstein was Ruby's real name, I became haunted. My name is Robert....Jack Rubenstein. Ruby hung like the sycophant he was to guys like Barney Ross. Their loyalty is what I am exploring in my next project Heroes of the Game after the initial thrills of the publication of Ghost Runners passes. But Rubenstein looks so much like my deceased uncle that I sometimes wonder how close I really am to THAT man. The Memoir brings me closer than I ever dared to truly be to him.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment